Friday, August 5, 2011

Just a quick point.

I was told today that poly never lasts. I've heard it said about D/s, DD, and a number of other alternative lifestyles. Seems like the first argument against anything not the norm is that it just can't work. In fact I've had a lot of people tell me their opinions about the way I live. An awful lot of them don't approve, don't like it, are quite certain it can't work, and are quite happy to be quite vocal about it. These folks are just dead certain that this kind of relationship simply can't last. They wait with baited breath for that moment when they can say "I told you so!" I'd like to tell these folks something and I'd like them to listen very carefully and consider what I'm about to say before they offer more opinions about the chances of success of my relationship.


Today is my 22nd wedding anniversary.


Anyone want to offer a toast?

2 comments:

  1. MC Sir,

    Certainly mouse will raise a glass for you three! People have said the same about our relationship. While it's true D/s burns hotter and often burns out, where carring and love exists you can work through the changes.

    Hugs,
    mouse

    ReplyDelete
  2. *raising my glass of apple cider* Happy Anniversary ~

    I would also like to toast... even though I'm a bit late on the scene... I don't know if any of us will last... no one can ever know. All I know is that we lose when we quit trying!! Before I met my S, I was in a unhappy lesbian relationship for 7 years... I left that when I met him... he was just coming out of a 9 year marriage. Looks pretty bleak huh?? That was over 16 years ago!!

    I say if you want it bad enough, fight for your life for it!!

    Welcome to the area! Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete