Wednesday, August 17, 2011

What's in a name?

I always find it difficult to protect our privacy without sounding goofy, but I never know what to call my ladies when I write about them. Neither is the other, and both of them are wonderful individuals, so I feel a need to create cover names. I like some of the ones I've seen over the years, like the sub who refers to her dominant as "Bossman" or the teenager referred to as "WildChild", but I was having a hard time coming up with names for my Ladies. But a few days ago I stumbled acrossed an article about Dawn Wells, who played Mary Ann on Gilligan's Island, and it began to percolate in my head that there was the answer.

One of my Ladies is the epitome of the good girl. Skipped school once in her life and got caught that time. In the 22 years we've been married she has gotten exactly one traffic ticket, for a burnt out tail light, which was dropped as soon as I popped a new bulb in and she drove it down to the cop shop to have the repair verified. She dresses and speaks conservatively, doesn't much like to be the center of attention, and had never had hard liquor before we met. He mother called my house one night at 11 p.m. looking for her because she had rarely been out so late and never without getting permission first, and at the time she was 20 years old. You see what I mean?

One of my Ladies has a 1940's Hollywood bombshell figure. She's former military, has been known to wear clothing that draws a lot of attention and she is a confirmed exhibitionist so sometimes she takes it off when people are around. She likes to drive fast and she is the only one of us to keep guns in the house. Not completely by choice, she has been on her own since she was 17 years old.

So it just occurred to me not long ago to call them Ginger and Mary Ann. That way I can avoid saying "The other Lady..." which I find a little insulting, even though apparently neither of the Ladies does since it seems to make perfect sense to them to refer to someone that way when there are two people involved. In any event, in the future Mary Ann will be what I call the Lady I married, and Ginger will be the Lady That the state wouldn't allow me to marry.

Me? Well think of me as having Gilligan's intelligence in the Skipper's body, and you'd not be far off.

1 comment:

  1. Lol. Waive hi to Ginger and Mary Ann. As to you Sir, mouse always liked the Professor. He could make a radio out of coconuts!

    This mouse believes you are waaaaaay more intelligent than Gilligan...can't speak about the Skipper's body tho ;-)

    Hugs,
    mouse

    ReplyDelete