Wednesday, November 23, 2011

New day

So, a new day. I read today that giving thanks can actually combat dark moods and even depression, so I am going to list some things I'm thankful for.

My Freedom. So much was done to try to take it.

The Child. Despite the current circumstance.

Mary Ann and Ginger. Because let's be honest, how many people get what we have, even considering the circumstance and losses.

My mothers side of the family, as well as Mary Ann's family. While Ginger's phsychotic and evil family take every opportunity to try to hurt and destroy us, My mothers side and Mary Ann's family welcome us warmly. We turned down an offer from my mother to join them in order to take advantage of kids in Mary Ann's family that are here for Thanksgiving and asked to see Child. The Holidays make us very aware that we have the loyalty and support of a large part of our extended family that others never get.

My home. It's vengeance really, and I suppose shallow, but my last home had a huge yard that was turned into multiple gardens, flame lit as well as electric, with multiple fire pits and fountains. It was suggested several times I contact HGTV to enter one of their contests, though I never did. Ginger has bad allergies, Mary Ann has trouble walking now, and I'm too damned busy to keep up with that much landscaping work. We were able to sell the house (At a loss, but still we got out of it) and Ginger found the place we have now. It's has almost no yard, but is more than twice as big as our old house. It's right down the street from a bus stop that goes directly to the main bus terminal, allowing Mary Ann easy access to damned near anywhere without needing to drive. It's blocks from a huge park, has a two car garage, and allows me to truthfully say I live acrossed the street from the country club. Best part though is we leased it for less than our mortgage payment had been.

GM finally has replaced the transmission in my truck that went out UNDER WARRANTY (Which means there should have been no arguing the point in the first place).

And last one for today, tomorrow I can sleep in till 9. Understand I work 7 days a week and I get up about 4 A.M. Tomorrow I can sleep till 9, and then I go to the family celebration with no work at all. I only get the chance three times a year.

Happy Thanksgiving to all, and special thanks again to those that lent me a shoulder to cry on yesterday.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad things looked better in the morning. I agree it's good to remember what we're thankful for. It sounds as if you have a lot going for you, despite some of the craziness. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete