Friday, March 9, 2012

Well that was no fun

Just as I was about to head off from one job to the next this morning, Ginger called to say Mary Ann was sick, could we take her to the hospital?  I said I'll be right there.  I arrived to find Mary Ann curled up in bed crying, her head covered in a hoodie to stop the light, and literally shaking from the pain.  I said fuck this and called the ambulance. 

Here's a tip, if you are going to the emergency room and have a free or cheap ambulance service (Like the city provided ones) take it.  It's effectivel;y the express lane.  You get off the bus and are wheeled straight into a room every time.  That's just procedure.  You never sit in the waiting room for an hour, you go straight to the front of the line.  That's what we did today.

They decided it was just a migraine gone wild, pumped her full of a drug cocktail via I.V. which put her right to sleep, and sent us back home.  Mary Ann ironically had stripped her bed last night (She keeps a third shift schedule to correspond with my work schedule) and then fell asleep, waking sick and in pain.  So when we got her home her bed was not made.  She's asleep in Ginger's bed for now, and Ginger is deciding if she should go to work at all today or just blow it off.  I'm going to get some sleep and then see about getting Mary Ann to her previously scheduled doctor's appointment this afternoon. 

It's never dull, I'll give it that.

1 comment:

  1. Sending hugs that Mary Ann feels better soon! Poor thing, migraines suck.

    Hugs.
    mouse

    ReplyDelete