Sunday, March 18, 2012

Bad news and good

So I spent two grand on car repairs about a month ago, only to have the same problem return.  Turns out there's another part that needs replaced and it's going to cost me another $800.  The car is sitting at the shop waiting it's turn.  I have the cash in the bank, though it will leave us all but broke again.  Meantime I'm driving our truck a little over 100 miles a day for work, which with the cost of gas is killing me, but it's only temporary.

We also had a meeting with a judge and our disability advocate concerning Mary Ann's condition.  The judge didn't approve disability but he didn't outright deny it either as has been the case before.  He requested more medical reports, which I have already requested from the doctors, so hopefully he will get them soon.  It's progress at least.


We've not been playing due to the stress of life, the Ladies each being sick one after the other, and my work schedule among other things.  I'm about to start the 4th of the 6 blocks of training I have to successfully complete to be made permanent on the job, and I am getting better at sleeping during the day for my third shift schedule.  Spring is here at least and the weather has been nice.  Hopefully things will calm down and we can move in the direction of a joyful and content life again in place of all this chaos we've endured.  At least things right now are headed in the right direction. 

2 comments:

  1. Nothing to say, just sending warm thoughts to you and your ladies.

    Hugs,
    mouse

    ReplyDelete
  2. My car's in the shop, I've no insurance and a world of medical bills coming. I can't say I feel your pain, for your situation is of more import, but I do hope it gets better.

    ReplyDelete