Friday, October 14, 2011

F(*^ this whole day

I'm exhausted, but I can't sleep. Today ended just sickeningly.

Well it started out well enough. It was actually going extremely well. Mary Ann is visiting family today, so I dropped her off on the way to work. I had some chores which I ran and then was back in town in time for lunch with Ginger. It was a nice time, and afterwards I asked if she could sneak off for the rest of the day. She asked her boss, who agreed to let her go immediately after the Friday meeting, which he accurately predicted would take 10 minutes. Woo Hoo!! But after the meeting Ginger decides she needs to clean up her workspace (She really did, and I ride her about it pretty regularly) so we spend an hour organizing. Then we come home, but realize we need to get my phone repaired. Amazingly the new Iphone release caused no real business at the phone store, so we trotted over there and had the repair made, then she batted her eyelashes at me and convinced me to buy her a latte'. We finally make it home and I complete one of the two thousand items still on my to-do list for the house. We sit down in the living room and the conversation turns to the relationship. That, and I should have seen this coming, becomes an argument. Some of it was useful, because as a general rule Ginger has to be pushed to anger before she'll admit to any problem. But a lot of it was just silly, and in the end she was argung that I borrow money and don't pay it back, and I'm pointing out that 1) I don't ask to borrow money, I tell her I need it and if she needs it back to pay a bill before pay day just let me know. She never asks so I never give it to her. 2) There have been several times when she needed money, and I didn't base my decision about "Lending" it to her on whether or not it was borrowed. If she needs money I find it, because that's the relationship. I also never ask for it back 3) This isn't a business arrangement. When I ask her if I can "Borrow" some money it's like when my buddies ask if they can "Borrow" a piece of gum. I don't expect it back and they know they aren't going to return it. Finally, #4, she and I live together and share the household expenses. Granted, I pay the whole cell phone bill and buy the groceries, and she pays the power bill in full, but we can't "Borrow" money from each other because it's not her money and my money, it's OUR money. However, since I understand now the way she thinks we can do it her way. Then she get's mad because it's not HER way, and that's not what she said. This was a back and forth, with me basically shrugging and saying we can do it the way she wanted, however she wanted to phrase it, and her arguing that it wasn't her way and I was not listening. I finally got up to get something to eat, and she went the roundabout way to the basement while I was gone, so I decided she was done arguing with me. SORRY, I mean apparently I was done arguing with her. Then I check my email. As I've mentioned before, Ginger's Moron family has stolen the child from us and tried hard to poison child against us. Child has been turned in for smoking Mary J, and was tested, results positive. So the school is going to do random testing and place restrictions on child. All reasonable restrictions and they are a good tool to send the message, so done deal.

NOPE!!

Family will also throw down restrictions and (Oh and this is rich) Do further random testing. Now know two things. Child was a straight A, straight as an arrow, golden child while living with us. Never lied, never stole. Since being with them, the grades are barely passing, medically diagnosed depression, flirtation with gang activity, cutting behavior, and now this. The only reason we haven't returned to court is because Family would make it a fight, and two local psychologists have agreed with the psychologist in their state that it would likely do more damage to subject child to the court battle needed to win custody than leave things alone. The second thing you need to know is that the family has a history of failing to follow through, so child knows as well as I that this is all bullshit, and no consequence will last for more than a few weeks. If we were not poly there would be no question of these idiots keeping custody, but as it is the courts have indicated a clear preference for their home being the child's home. These are people who just decreed 12 hours of yardwork a week for child to reimburse the time they had to spend with the school and will be spending focused on child because of their own damned restrictions. Who demands the child make up for parenting time? Asses, Asses, ASSES!!!

2 comments:

  1. It is truly amazing to me how blind our courts really are! I'm so sorry for your child, it is so sad that it's not the best home that the child needs, but the best LOOKING home is the most important factor.

    Also... I have this to offer. I'm thinking that Ginger's problem isn't the money. S and I years ago had so many power struggles... it "looked" like it was money problems, it ended up being lack of power issue. We ended up getting an "allowance".. we both got the same... the rest went to the "house". Our allowance is our own money to do with what we want. Period. but that is all the money we got for the week... don't even ask!

    It may not be power... but I can nearly guarantee its not money.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mikki, I think that's the very best way to put it, the best LOOKING home. The irony is how obvious the causes of the troubles are. The tendency Child has to lie lately for example. These people made a huge play in court for not allowing us to have Child at Easter. Claimed they have a yearly family get together and they wanted Child to be there since she never had. Not only did the get together never happen that year, it never has happened. Further, these people are Atheists who strongly objected to Childs participation in church at all. They are centered on Easter? Again, this was for the record in court, but they can't understand why she has started lying to them to get her way. Duh!

    As to Ginger, it's not the money, it's the attitude. She thinks this should be a huge deal, and that I should see how obviously wrong my use of the terminology was, and I won't get upset enough to even raise my voice at her. She thinks I don't care, and honestly, I don't. Her point of view is wrong in my opinion. I'm not going to change that opinion. On the other hand, I'm happy to compromise with her, or humor her and "Do it her way", or however one would like to describe the action. She doesn't want me to humor her, she wants me to agree with her, and I don't. But as problems go, these kind are pretty minor. Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete