Monday, April 16, 2012

O.K. Week

It's been an O.K. week.  I passed another training station at work and have been assigned to the next one.  The day I started we got a new foreman, which happily enough turned out to be a guy I already am aquainted with and get along with well.  Ginger had foot surgery and Mary Ann has been taken off some of her drugs in order to gauge if she still needs the same intensity.  I'm not thrilled at each of them having issues at the same time, but my mother and mother-in-law have been staying back and forth, so there's always someone here with them.  I'm told that last night my mother and my girlfriend sat up half the night giggling like schoolgirls at a slumber party, which is pretty damned cool considering the alternative nature of our relationship.  The biggest down to the week has been that we lease the house we are living in, and we were notified by the landlord that the property owner has complained about "debris" in our driveway.  I would really prefer to just get along with the owner, but I was forced to point out to the landlord that the "Debris", based on the location given, consists of my legally licensed flatbed trailer, which the city assueres me is neither a zoning nor ordinance violation parked where and how it is. Also, as I have done some leasing and am familiar with the law, I pointed out that the fact that I lease the house doesn't mean the owner is my mommy now.  If they don't like the trailer, that's just too bad as a matter of law.  As it happens, I'm not planning on keeping the trailer anyway, so hopefully it will all amount to nothing.  I'm just miffed at the principle of the thing.  Why does it seem there's always someone eager to piss in my cornflakes for no good reason at all?  We've been here over a year and never gotten a complaint from a neighbor or paid the rent late.  This house is underwater on the mortgage, failed to sell when listed, and sat empty three months or better when offered for lease before we took it.  The grass is mowed weekly, the gutters cleaned out as needed, and I'm repairing the back porcha at my own expense because I can do most of it myself.  Wouldn't you think we could just be left in peace?  UGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment